Facebook and Twitter get all the hype but Tumblr has become one of my favorite social networks as of late. I love the visual, mood board nature of the site and Yahoo’s stance on keeping the platform the naughty and wild little community it is makes me love it even more.
As a social media strategist, I can’t lie. The user base absolutely fascinates me and the latest information tells me all I need to know about the opportunities ahead:
- As of January 2014, there have been 163.9 million blogs and 72 billion posts on Tumblr.
- Unlike other social media sites, Tumblr users are divided equally between genders with 51% of US Tumblr users being male.
- 66% of all visitors are under the age of 35, while 39% are under 25 years-old.
- About 36% of users are parents. That’s 13% less than the average.
- Around 9% of visits occur on a mobile device. Opposite of what we are seeing on other social media sites.
- Read more states here
On the flip side, Tumblr has also been getting some not so good press. Teens really live and die by this platform. Please read.
What are your thoughts on Tumblr? Are you rebloggin’? Follow me here